I’d been on the hunt for a new water bottle for a few months now. It’s not a huge life decision for most, but for me, it was quite a big deal. (Can you imagine what I’d be like buying a car or a house?!) I wanted something BPA-free, lightweight and easy to carry. But my number one priority was that it needed to keep my drinks cold all day. I’m not a big fan of room temperature water so this was an absolute dealbreaker. Yes, yes, I’m a little bit high maintenance… So a couple of weeks ago, I took the leap and finally bought a new bottle! Hoorah! I’ve been using this bad boy for long enough now to give you guys a detailed Corkcicle water bottle review so here goes…
Why I Bought It
- Corkcicle takes pride in the fact that their bottles keep drinks cold for 25 hours and hot for 12. Any company that’s happy to spruik this on their packaging has already got my vote.
- An ergonomic design that is easy to hold. The tapered shape of the bottle means that it rests nicely in the hand.
- Stylish and simple design. The Corkcicle water bottle has a nice streamlined feel and comes in a variety of colour options.
- A decent size that packs easily into a handbag, tote bag or backpack.
- IT ACTUALLY DOES KEEP YOUR DRINK COLD FOR 25 HOURS! Over the past few weeks, I’ve spent a lot of time road tripping, at the beach and on long hikes, with my trusty Corkcicle bottle by my side all day. My water never gets warm and stays refreshingly cool all day. I haven’t even needed to pop any ice cubes inside and my drink to keep it ice cold! There have been some moments when I’ve left my bottle in the car for a few hours in the sun, but this hasn’t affected the temperature of the water.
- Great for hot drinks too. Like many people, I’ve been battling a nasty change-of-season cold – which I combat with ridiculous amounts of honey-infused chamomile tea. My Corkcicle water bottle is really handy for when I need to get out the door quickly but still want to keep sipping on my morning tea.
- Fits in standard sized cup holders. This came in really useful while I was driving for long periods and wanted to make sure I stayed hydrated.
- Made from durable stainless steel. I tend to be quite a clumsy person, which is why I can’t be trusted with a glass water bottle. I’ve only had my Corkcicle bottle for two and a half weeks and I’ve probably dropped it about ten times already without any issues. No dents. No punctures. It’s a great option for all the accident prone like me!
- Non-slip bottom reduces the chance of spillage. This little feature adds a whole lot of practicality.
- A bit difficult to brew tea or coffee. Seeing as the bottle doesn’t come with an infuser or strainer, it is a little bit hard to brew a hot beverage directly into the bottle. I had to make my tea in a mug or teapot and then pour my drink into my Corkcicle. If you are a mad caffeine enthusiast though, it might be worth taking a look at Corkcicle’s Coffee Tumbler which is a bit more brew- friendly!
- The screw top lid takes a while to open and close. This is actually a ‘pro’ as well as a ‘con’. A ‘con’ because the lid can be a bit fiddly when you’re in a rush or at the steering wheel of a car. A ‘pro’ because the lid is so leakproof and secure that you don’t have to worry about any spills if you bottle happens to be travelling sideways or upside down in your bag.
- Okay, so remember how I mentioned that I’m quite clumsy? My clumsy nature hasn’t led to any major dramas…but it has caused my matt black bottle to have a few scratches here and there. Now I don’t actually mind it when things look a little bit used but you might be different. So if you tend to be a little bit lax about taking care of your belongings, I’d highly recommend going for one of the gloss colour options. This means that your bottle will stay pristine for much longer.
I’ve got to say I’m pretty pleased with my new Corkcicle purchase! It does everything that it claims and has definitely helped me to increase my daily H2O intake. By keeping my water fresh and cold for hours and hours, it definitely makes me want to drink more throughout the day. I’d highly recommend it to anyone who spends a lot of time in the outdoors too because it’s a super practical canteen option for camping or hiking.
We hope our Corkcicle water bottle review has given you some more important information about this new Upcycle Studio product! If you have anything you’d like to add about these Corkcicle bottles or have any questions, give us a yell at email@example.com, we’d love to hear from you!
Buy the Corkcicle Canteen Water Bottle.