- The original Multi-Award Winning Environmental Toothbrush
- Available in17cm Soft Bristle, Medium Bristle or 14cm Kid's size
- The ergonomic handles are made of MOSO Bamboo, a natural celluse fibre, which is enviornmentally friendly
- The bristles are made from a BPA free polymer, resistant to microbial growth during normal use, to ensure safety and durability. Currently, there is no biodegradable bristle available on the market (apart from boar hair - which, of course, is not acceptable).
- Vegan friendly.
- The bamboo is heat-treated to carbonise the surface of the bamboo, giving it a quality finish and good service life. The carbonisation finishing provides water resistance and prevents the growth of microbes (bacteria and moulds) during normal use.
- Invented by a Brisbane dentist.
- Most dentists recommend using a Soft toothbrush, in case you are unsure which to purchase.
In Australia, over 30 million toothbrushes are used and disposed of by Australians each year - amounting to approximately 1000 tonnes of landfill each year. The plastic they're made of won't break down in our lifetime, or even that of your children! Picture that on a global scale.
Bamboo is a natural celluose fibre and is biodegradable, environmentally sustainable, and does not pollute the environment. The amazing growth and self-regenerating ability of bamboo means that deforestation is also not necessary. Bamboo grows back in a few months (and is full sized in 3 years) vs. regular trees taking 25 years.
Bamboo is grown with minimal water required and without the needed for harmful fertilisers and pesticides. In fact, discarded leaves of bamboo provide all the needed nutrients when they start to decompose in the soil. Bamboo also has a wide and strong root system which holds the soil stable and prevents erosion of the ground.
Bamboo releases 30% more oxygen into the atmosphere and absorbs more carbon dioxide compared to other plants. Because of these features, bamboo greatly decreases amount of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere and cleans the air.
By harvesting and using bamboo, the unwanted spread into agricultural and natural forest area is controlled. The bamboo is not grown on a plantation but is Fair-Traded in China by many local farmers, who are given an income for land that is good only for growing bamboo.
Also, MOSU is a type of bamboo disliked by Pandas so its use is not interfereing with their food resources.