Sustainably Luxe - Indulge your senses while being kind to Mother Nature.
Scent Description - Himalayan Bamboo
A complex union of bamboo foliage and rich green florals. The subtle character of this candle's fragrance is calming rather than overwhelming. A perfect blend for rest and relaxation - create a tranquil haven with the Himalayan Bamboo's soothing, comforting aroma.
Mojo Candle Co. was born from a love of luxurious design combined with a passion for the planet. We believe that you don’t have to sacrifice style to live a sustainable life.
Our process is simple and artisanal, ensuring that every diffuser is wonderfully unique.
Indulge your senses with our modern, glamorous and eco-friendly range - the perfect way to slow down and relax.
Reed Diffusers are the perfect way to freshen up a living area without the need for a naked flame from a candle. The natural fibre reeds continuously release the premium fragrance oils throughout your living space. Simply turn the reeds over when you notice a decline in the fragrance throw to recharge and release a new wave of scent!
- Made from Reclaimed Beer Bottles collected from the bars and cafes of the Sydney's Inner West and the wineries and breweries of the Southern Highlands
- Hand-poured in small batches with premium-quality reed diffuser oil and premium-grade fragrance oils in Bowral in the Southern Highlands, Australia.
- Hand-pressed bottle caps
- Easy to recycle the bottle at the end of its life - give it a quick wash with some hot water and detergent and place in your recycling bin
HOW TO PROPERLY CARE FOR YOUR DIFFUSER
The Obvious Tips:
- Do NOT light the diffuser reeds - the oils are flammable!
- Keep out of reach of kids and pets
- Place on a flat, even surface away from an area where it can be knocked over
- Keep away from electrical appliances in the event it does get knocked over
- Do not leave in direct sunlight, it'll evaporate faster
- Some surfaces, such as wood, can be damaged or stained if the diffuser is knocked over or drops from the reeds when flipping them.
How do I set up my new diffuser?
Place the reed sticks in the bottle's oil and allow them to sit for one hour. By the end of the hour, you should start to notice the sticks slowly absorbing the oil. Flip the reeds over to saturate the top part of the reeds that stick out above oil level. This helps to speed up the process of the oil soaking up from the bottom diffusing through the entire reed. Expect a light fragrance to start perfuming your room within 24 hours.
Place your reed diffuser somewhere suitable in your home. Place it where it won't be knocked or investigated by curious children or pets.
Should I keep my diffuser on a coaster?
If you have the diffuser on an absorptive surface such as wood or concrete, it is definitely a good idea to use a coaster as the oil may run down the reeds, down the side of the bottle and onto the flat surface, and cause a ring stain similar to a tea or coffee mug. The oil will absorb and permanently stain these types of surfaces and would require the surface to be cut back to get rid of it.
How long will my diffuser last?
Our beer bottle diffusers can last approximately 6 months of fragrance depending on surrounding conditions
Our beer bottle diffusers can last 6 months, depending on the conditions it is kept in. There are several factors that will affect how long your reed diffuser will last and the amount of fragrance it releases. These include:
- Number of reeds used - fewer reads for slower absorption and more reeds for faster absorption - this is also dependent on the size of the room and the factors below
- The airflow around your diffuser (if close to a fan, air conditioning or an open window the reeds will soak up the oil faster).
- Sitting in the high heat of direct sunlight in the hotter months will result in an increased absorption rate due to faster evaporation.
My reed diffuser doesn’t smell as strongly as it used to even though there’s still plenty of oil in the bottle. What can I do?
You could try flipping the reeds upside down. This simple re-positioning can help to give the diffusion process a little boost. When you go through the process it is a good idea to do so over a sink or put down some paper towel, especially for wooden surfaces
You could also give the bottle a very gentle “swirl” or two, this can also help to blend the ingredients of the oil and strengthen the scent.
Over time the reeds become completely saturated and can become clogged with dust. If you still have oil in the bottle and flipping the reeds doesn’t seem to help, consider replacing your reeds.
How often should I flip the reeds?
Whenever you notice the scent fading a bit or want an extra burst of fragrance. You should flip the reeds about once per week. However, don’t flip them too often as the more often you flip your reeds the faster the oil will disperse.
How often should I replace the reeds?
Replace the reeds after they permanently stop diffusing. Over time, reeds can become clogged with dust. Before replacing, flip them. This usually starts the scenting process all over again. If this doesn't work, your reeds are probably clogged with dust or overly saturated and in need of replacement.
Why can’t I just re-use my sticks over and over again?
Once the reed sticks, aka diffuser reeds, are totally saturated, the cells in the reeds eventually get somewhat clogged and lose their ability to pull the scent up into the reeds and throw the fragrance into the room.
Can I top up my diffuser with a different scent and use the same reeds?
Once reeds have been used for a certain scent, you cannot use them for another scent. The scent that is already absorbed into your reeds will mix with the new scent and could produce undesirable scent combinations, so we don’t recommend doing so.
Can I dilute the oil with water?
No, oil and water do not mix. You'll end up with warped reeds and uneven wicking. Our reed diffuser oils are specially blended for easy wicking. There is no need to mix them or dilute them with anything.
But what if the fragrance is too strong for me?
If you prefer a lighter aroma or you are using the diffuser in a small room, such as a bathroom, you may choose to use fewer reeds than is provided, thereby producing a more delicate fragrance as fewer reeds mean slower evaporation.