Bamboo Cutlery 3-Piece Set
- Beautiful, tactile & re-usable bamboo utensils.
- Reusable natural cutlery to avoid wasting single-use take-away cutlery.
- Made from natural non-treated bamboo.
- Options for eco-friendly treatments for the cutlery were non-existent - containing traces of toxic chemicals such as petroleum and most oils, when heated to a high degree, become toxic to the human body. Therefore, this bamboo has been kept as Nature presented it!
- This set is lighter in weight than Treated Bamboo, but you can be safe knowing you are avoiding toxicity in your mouth and landfill.
- The Bamboo Cutlery measures 19cm in length.
- Naturally anti-microbial & anti-bacterial
- Bamboo is 100% environmentally friendly vs. plastic straws, which take lifetimes to even begin degrading in landfill.
- 100% Biodegradable.
- BPA free.
Caring for your Bamboo Products
- After an initial rinse with hot water, please let each piece completely dry out.
- Once dry, lather with oil - preferably Olive, Sesame or Coconut Oil - and allow to sit for 24 hours befrore using.
- Frequently oiling your cutlery will help keep their longevity.
- DO NOT soak or keep wet for too long as this will weaken them, and may cause them to split
Disposing: When the time comes that they reach the end of their life as all things must, please place your cutlery in a compost rather than the garbage bin, so they can decompose without contributing to toxic landfill.
The Facts - Why Bamboo?
Picture all the plastic you regularly throw out... now picture that on a global scale. The majority of that plastic won't break down in landfill in our lifetime, or even that of your children! It is scary what we are doing to our planet.
Bamboo is a natural celluose fibre and is biodegradable, environmentally sustainable, and does not pollute the environment. The amazing growth and self-regenerating ability of bamboo means that deforestation is also not necessary. Bamboo grows back in a few months (and is full sized in 3 years) vs. regular trees taking 25 years.
Bamboo is grown with minimal water required and without the needed for harmful fertilisers and pesticides. In fact, discarded leaves of bamboo provide all the needed nutrients when they start to decompose in the soil. Bamboo also has a wide and strong root system which holds the soil stable and prevents erosion of the ground.
Bamboo releases 30% more oxygen into the atmosphere and absorbs more carbon dioxide compared to other plants. Because of these features, bamboo greatly decreases the amount of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere and cleans the air.
This is all compared to the nasty chemicals and resources used to make plastic straws, polluting our planet whilst they are being made and then for the decades and even centuries they sit in landfill!