- Handcrafted Bamboo Serving Spoon & Fork
- Naturally anti-microbial & anti-bacterial
- Bamboo is stronger, lighter and is more durable and more water resistant than WOOD.
- Bamboo is 100% environmentally friendly vs. plastic utensils, which take lifetimes to even begin degrading in landfill.
- 100% Biodegradable.
- BPA free.
- The variety of lacquered handle colours makes it extremely easy to match to your kitchen decor
- The utensils are 26.5cm long and 7cm at the widest point
- Great match for any colour theme, bold themes or to tone down bright or bold colours in a room
The Facts - Why Bamboo?
Picture all the plastic you regularly throw out... now picture that on a global scale. The majority of that plastic won't break down in landfill in our lifetime, or even that of your children! It is scary what we are doing to our planet.
Bamboo is a natural celluose fibre and is biodegradable, environmentally sustainable, and does not pollute the environment. The amazing growth and self-regenerating ability of bamboo means that deforestation is also not necessary. Bamboo is the fastest growing plant on the planet. This amazing plant can grow 3 feet in height within 24 hours under appropriate climate conditions. Unlike regular trees used for wood, which can take 25 years to regrow, bamboo reaches maturity after only 3 to 5 years.
Bamboo is grown with minimal water required and without the needed for harmful fertilisers and pesticides. In fact, discarded leaves of bamboo provide all the needed nutrients when they start to decompose in the soil. Bamboo also has a wide and strong root system which holds the soil stable and prevents erosion of the ground.
Bamboo releases 30% more oxygen into the atmosphere and absorbs more carbon dioxide compared to other plants. Because of these features, bamboo greatly decreases amount of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere and cleans the air.
By harvesting and using bamboo, the unwanted spread into agricultural and natural forest area is controlled. The bamboo is not grown on a plantation but is Fair-Traded in Asia by many local farmers, who are given an income for land that is good only for growing bamboo.
Also, MOSU is a type of bamboo disliked by Pandas so its use is not interfereing with their food resources.
So now you know that Bamboo is a much better option both for you health and the environment rather than choosing plastic or wood - what's not to love? The choice is simple.