Features of Apiwraps Reusable Beeswax Wraps:
- Apiwraps are a healthy, eco-friendly, sustainable replacement for plastic wrap – and it just WORKS!
- Handmade in Australia.
- Only the most gorgeous organic cotton fabrics are sourced.
- These reusable food wraps are coated with a compound that is completely natural and chemical-free. These include Locally-Sourced Beeswax, Organic Coconut Oil, and Pine Tree Resin.
- Packaged in hygienic, recycled paper envelopes.
- Perfect for storing food in the fridge, freezer, pantry or for on-the-go to keep your food fresher longer!
- Great for cheese, cut veggies and leftovers, covering platters, bowls and dishes. Large wraps are perfect for sandwiches and also for creating pockets for leafy greens or bulky veggies such as beans. Extra Large is perfect for your celery, flowers, bread, platters, etc.
Years of perfecting the formula have resulted in wraps that are:
- Thin and flexible.
- Easy to seal.
- Easy to clean.
- Long lasting.
Small - 15cm x 20cm
Medium - 20cm x 25cm
Large - 30cm x 25cm
Extra Large - 40cm x 45cm
Cheese Lovers Pack includes: 2 small wraps, 1 medium wrap
Kitchen Basics includes: 1 small wrap, 1 medium wrap, 1 large wrap
Sandwich Wrap includes: 1 large wrap
The Apiwrap Set includes: 1 small wrap, 1 medium wrap, 1 large wrap, 1 extra large wrap
How do I use my new Beeswax Wrap? Do I need to wet it?
Apiwraps are made from wax and do not need to be wet. Simply wrap the item you want to store and use the warmth of your hands to seal the wrap onto itself or the item you are wrapping. Apiwraps seal easily to any smooth natural surface. Apiwraps will not seal to some types of plastic.
How do I clean my Beeswax Wraps?
Gently brush the wrap over with a soapy dishcloth/brush/wand (whatever you use) and rinse under cold water. Use a gentle hand soap rather than detergent. Air dry, or blot carefully with a tea towel, then store. Keep your Apiwraps rolled up next to the tea towels in a drawer or in a pretty container on the bench.
How long do Apiwraps Beeswax Wraps last?
With proper care and attention to avoiding greasy or acidic foods, Apiwraps will last around a year. Every month or two it is a good idea to refresh your Apiwrap by placing it on a baking tray in the sun for the afternoon. This can also be done quickly using a hairdryer. This process will maintain a smooth and supple surface on your Apiwrap.
Will Apiwraps Beeswax Wraps transfer flavour to my food?
These beeswax wraps have a pleasant honey scent, which comes from lovely unprocessed beeswax. Even when used to wrap butter I haven't found any transfer of flavour or scent. If you use your Apiwrap to cover a cut onion or blue cheese there may be some scent on the wrap after washing. Leave your Apiwrap out on the dish rack overnight and this will dissipate.
Will Apiwraps Beeswax Wraps leave a residue on my food?
You may notice sometimes that a little wax is left behind after unwrapping your Apiwrap. This is often because the item was warm when it was wrapped, melting the wax on more than usual. This residue can be removed by washing with soap but is harmless as the wax compound is made from food-safe ingredients. If a residue is left on crockery it can be washed off the same way with soap and water.
Will foods stain my Beeswax Wraps?
If you have your Apiwrap in contact with richly coloured foods like beetroot or turmeric they can transfer a little colour. Over time marks and stains can occur, be prompt to clean them to minimise significant staining. (This is an advantage of these richly patterned fabrics!)
Can I use Beeswax Wraps in the microwave?
Can I use Beeswax Wraps in the freezer?
Yes! Apiwraps work really well for keeping cookie dough and other freezer foods that would be kept with plastic wrap. Take a moment to let them come to room temperature before unwrapping.
Can I use Beeswax Wraps to cover my fermenting foods?
Yes! Apiwraps are watertight, but the allow a little air circulation - they won't allow external yeast or bacteria to get in. This is the ideal environment for fermentation.
- If your Apiwrap Beeswax Wrap becomes soiled, simply wipe with a soapy cloth and rinse under cool water.
- Do not use hot water or strong cleaning solutions.
- Do not submerge or soak your wrap.
- Apiwraps Beeswax Wraps are not suitable for wrapping fresh meat, chicken or fish, however, these items can be stored in a bowl with an Apiwrap over the top.
- Apiwraps don't like acid fruits, avoid using them with pineapple and citrus fruits!
- With proper care, your Beeswax Wraps will be supple and strong for many months.
- You can refresh your Beeswax Wrap from time to time by placing it on a baking tray in the sun for an hour or two.
- Please keep all Beeswax Wraps away from any direct heat source!