Camphor Laurel Cutting Board Features:
- 100% Australian Made & Owned- These boards are milled, kilned and manufactured in Queensland, Australia.
- They are environmentally friendly
- Made from a solid timber slab- Tightly-grained wood and small pores help reduce scoring of the cutting surface and absorption of liquid and dirt into the surface.
- The natural oils in this tropical hardwood repel moisture and microbes.
- Camphor Laurel is a naturally and permanently anti-bacterial.
Small: 43.5cm x 17.5cm x 3cm
Medium: 46.5cm x 20.5cm x 3cm
Note: These boards are all individually handcrafted, each piece is totally unique in colour, grain and character. The graze boards in the image will differ from the graze boards in our warehouse.
Caring for your Graze Board:
- Simply wash in hot, soapy water immediately after use. Towel-dry to prevent warping
- For a longer lasting board, oil with edible oil whenever it is looking dry. Grape seed oil is recommended.
- Do NOT put in the dishwasher.
How are these graze boards environmentally friendly?
They are environmentally friendly in that they are made from Camphor Laurel - a Declared Environmental Weed Class 3 in Queensland. Camphor Laurel is having an ecologically harmful effect on our natural ecosystems within the South East Queensland and Northern New South Wales environment. By buying these cutting boards, you are supporting the removal and utilization of these invasive, non-native Camphor Laurel weeds/trees to make timber products. This allows the native flora to flourish and plays an important part in the long-term control and management of this weed. For more information, refer to Sunshine Coast Council's letter at the bottom of the page.
Will the Camphor Laurel smell get into my food?
No. The secret is in the kiln-drying – the kiln-drying removes the natural oils from the camphor timber leaving a slight aroma in the board. The board remains smelling beautiful without leaving any scent in your food.
How long will my Camphor Laurel Graze Board last?
If it has never been in the dishwasher, never been bleached or left in the sunlight, any Camphor Laurel graze board should last for many years. Oiling once or twice a year is ideal.