If you're looking for Eco-Friendly lighting than it doesn't get much better than this!
Constructed from Reclaimed Venetian Blinds that were destined for landfill; this pendant light is impeccably finished and creates the perfect ambience when lit.
Designed & made by the Scottish-born maker, Adrian Lawson, the original light takes its name 'The Avalon' from the place where the idea was born and made. He spent two years perfecting the design and refining it to its current form right here in Avalon, Sydney. This new light, 'The Gazebo' takes its name from the Gazebo building in Elizabeth Bay, Sydney, Australia. The Gazebo was built in the late 60's and is part of the modernist movement in architecture.
Available in Cedar, this particular light features White, Black, Blue or Green plastic components to hold the slats together, all manufactured in Australia. Once you've selected your hardware component colour, you'll need to choose your diffuser, White for a soft, warm glow or Opaque for a brighter light. There is also the choice of White or Black cloth suspension cable with matching ceiling canopy and a longer choice of cable. Refer to Features below.
Perfect hung on their own, in a cluster of 3 or 4 at varying heights to create a chandelier-like effect or even hung in a row all at the same height down a wall or above a dining room table, the Avalon Pendant light is quite versatile and can be installed in many different formations.
Available in-store assembled or order a flat-packed version online.
- Reclaimed Cedar Venetian blind blades.
- Your choice of Diffuser: The White diffuser gives a warm glow and the bulb is not visible. The Opaque diffuser gives a brighter light and the bulb is visible.
- Your choice of White or Black cloth cable with matching ceiling canopy. The length is 1 metre or you can choose 2 metres. (The standard is 1 metre White unless the Black colour and/or 2 metre length is requested.)
- Australian-made coloured hardware in White, Black, Blue & Green, consisting of 2 Slat rings and 1 Suspension Bracket
- 900mm Cable & Bulb Holder
- Dimensions: 390mm in height & 240mm in diameter
- Available assembled in-store or flat packed if ordered online.
- Australian Made from reclaimed & new materials
Where does my Upcycled Pendant Light get shipped from?
Sydney, Australia where they have been designed and made!
Does installation require an electrician?
Can I use these lights outdoors?
Please note that all of the Upcycled Pendant Lights are recommended for indoor use only.
What sort of bulb would you recommend?
A bulb is not included so the following is suggested for use with your new Upcycled Pendant Light:
- Bayonet base (B22)
- 60-watt max Luminescent Globe
- LED 6-8 watt = 60 watt - lumen 806lm
- CFL 15 - 18 watt = 60 watt - lumen 806lm
- LED 16 -20 watt = 100 watt - lumen 1521lm
- CFL 20 -25 watt = 100 watt - lumen 1521lm
Remember that this sort of comparison is only part of the story. Different globe types serve different purposes, behave differently, have their own practical advantages and disadvantages and cover a broad range of costs and lifespans. This is especially the case for LED globes, which differ very significantly from product to product. Lumen value source: EU ERP equivalence comparison (supplied by https://www.lightingcouncil.com.au )