- A detoxifying face mask with Activated Charcoal, Bentonite Clay and Certified Organic Sea Kelp to deeply cleanse by drawing out oils, impurities and fight acne.
- Sea Kelp is known to help soften and soothe skin due to its high mineral and antioxidant content.
- Your pores will love the deep cleansing action of this mask that will leave your skin feeling smooth and super clean.
HOW TO USE:
- Mix into a paste with equal parts water.
- Lightly apply to clean skin and massage gently.
- Let dry for 5 mins or until dry but not hardened.
- Remove with warm water to reveal a radiant, clean and glowing appearance.
NATURAL VEGAN INGREDIENTS: Bentonite Clay, Kaolin Clay, Certified Organic Sea Kelp, Activated Charcoal, Cedarwood Oil, Geranium Oil and Lavender Oil.
Dimensions: H 12.3cm x L 5cm x W 3cm
'Why Bentonite Clay?' Written by Annie Lau, founder of Zen Botanics.
Sometimes you just have to get dirty to get beautiful!
By dirty, we mean beautiful muddy clay.
Clay is more than unclogging dirt and absorbing oil - it can help exfoliate, brighten complexion and remove excess oil on skin.
One type of clay is bentonite clay. It's great for oily and acne prone skin because it feels detoxifying and so good at absorbing oil right up like a sponge.
It is full of minerals including calcium, magnesium, silica, sodium, copper, iron and potassium. This means they're great for nourishing skin, helping skin look healthy, hydrated and supple.
Did you know bentonite clay has a very strong negative electrical charge? Basically, many toxins have a positive charge, so the clay bonds to them. When it comes in contact with a toxin, heavy metal, chemical, or other impurity, the clay will gobble up the toxin and release its minerals for the body to use.
To keep your skin soft, supple and blemish-free, use a dab of bentonite clay mixed with water directly on blemishes. Leave on overnight and repeat until blemish is gone.
When you apply a bentonite clay paste on your skin, you’ll notice a skin tightening effect which will leave your skin firm! This helps promote tighter, firmer and younger looking skin!
Why Zen Botanics?
- Australian Made and Owned.
- All products are handmade in small batches, which ensures even distribution of ingredients.
- All products are cruelty free and most products are vegan friendly.
- It utilises only the best quality, ceritfied organic ingredients (either USDA or ACO) and Zen Botanics has copies of organic certification for all ingredients. The business as a whole isn't certified organic as they are still a small business and don't yet have the resources to obtain it.
- Includes ingredients which are non-irritating and non-comedogenic (non pore-clogging). This means these products contain NO alcohol, no detergents, no synthetic fragrances, no preservatives, no parabens and no sulfates. Like with food, you can enjoy pure, wholesome, concentrated goodness in your skincare without the nasty additives, cheap artficial preservatives and unnecessary excess ingredients.
- All label, bottle and jar packaging is made from recyclable glass and PET plastic. No unnecessary packaging which often gets thrown away anyway - the product speaks for itself.
- Each product has been carefully produced and made to be compatible with your current skin care regimen so you do not have to throw away your sunscreen or moisturiser if you don't wish to.
Zen Botanics products do not have a formal expiry date. Since all the products are natural, it is recommended to use water-based products within 3 months and oil-based products within 6 months after receiving the items.
Depending on how you use and store them, they could last even longer. Store at room temperature or below and it is strongly recommended to keep out of direct sunlight. Temperature changes throughout the day and night can cause changes to the texture but not to worry, the efficacy of the product is the same.